tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

We have a 2015 Subaru Forrester Premium. The battery went

Customer Question

We have a 2015 Subaru Forrester Premium. The battery went dead due to what appears to be an interior light left on. I charged the battery, reset the date and time on the electronic display. I think everything is working except there is no power to the radio. I checked both fuses labeld "audio". Help!
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,I've seen this before.The repair for this is to remove the radio and unplug it for 10 minuets.I wish I knew exactly what was going on inside the radio that causes this but I believe that if the battery falls before a certain voltage the radio is being protected from a voltage surge/spike.The radio is not very easy to remove but I can guide you through it if you wish,this also would be covered under warranty if you do not want to attempt,thanks