tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 2010 Subaru Impreza whose intermittent wipers do

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Subaru Impreza whose intermittent wipers do not work at all and the wipers do not go back to the parked position when they are shut off. The wiper motor was replaced but this didn't fix the problem. Any help diagnosing the problem would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

The motor has the park switch inside and we see many failures with the motors causing this problem,the wiper switch stalk also has caused similar complaints do you have meter that can read ohms ? We can do some testing to the switch to see if it's the fault.To get at it remove the 1 screw in the bottom cover, then 3 screws that hold the upper cover need to be removed so we can lift the upper cover up to remove the 2 screws that hold the switch in,this switch also has a circuit board on it which maybe you can see a burned spot causing the fault,thanks