tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I have a 99 out back legacy 2.5L ,only 110 000 miles and

Customer Question

I have a 99 out back legacy 2.5L ,only 110 000 miles and very well up kept. Just got oil change , spark plugs and coils. Now have acceleration problems engines hesitates especially at low gears. Almost feels like theres water in gasoline but there isnt now. Can it be gas line/filter?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,did you return to where you had it serviced yet,they may have left something loose,used incorrect spark plugs ,also sounds like it wasn't road tested afterwards.It also may be a fuel issue,how does it start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No did not return yet, had this problem before they serviced it,so its not due to their work. Thats why were talking. It starts fine but feels sometimes like its hesitating but not at start. Exhaust system is fine. And I put higrade gas. First and second gear are sluggish
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I figured as much but because you didn't tell me that it was going on before I assumed it was after the repairs.Contaminated fuel would cause starting problems along with hesitaion,try this disconnect the battery for 10 minuets this will clear the computers memory of all driving patterns and settings,then start car and let it idle for 15 minuets with no loads then 10 minuets with a/c on ,take it out for a ride and really get on it,try to get on a expressway or something similar where you can go for a 10 mile ride at highway speed with no interruptions this will relearn the system ,hopefully you'll feel a difference,it's the best and least expensive place to start,thanks