Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Have a 2001 legacy outback, 2.5 with 147k on it. have a

Customer Question

have a 2001 legacy outback, 2.5 with 147k on it. have a misfire on #3 under load that isn't a hard code, its always pending. It doesn't skip all the time and when it does it's always under a load. Replaced plugs, wires, coil, fuel filter and checked compression and its fine
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as I said, it does not do it all the time. Every once in a while while driving the cam sensor signal drops out but does not seem to affect the issue, was thinking IAC, MAS, would affect it all the time and not just the one cylinder, is it possible the injector just isn't spraying properly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

It is very possible the injector is the cause of the problem. Since it is on the individual cylinder I agree with your summation of the mas or IAC being the cause. What I would do is swap the injector with the one next to it and see if the misfire code moves to that cylinder. If it does, replace the injector, if not, then I would check the wiring harness for the fuel injector, it may be hitting something at times and shorting out.

Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help you from here.

What happens next:
Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.
My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.
Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.