FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2002 Subaru outback manual transmission won't engage in any

Customer Question

2002 Subaru outback manual transmission won't engage in any gear. Previous code indicated a bad upstream O2 sensor causing engine to rev but no power/speed
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me what happens when you try moving the shifter into any of the gears?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing. I can "shift" freely without pressing clutch. Feels like there is no link from shifter to transmission
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced O2 sensor and that code does not come up anymore. But no codes at all now. I have no codes or lights indicating transmission issue. Check engine light comes on but again no codes register.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see an answer to my question
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

I apologize for the delay in getting back with you. I would like to help you further if you are available. Please let me know and I when I get your response I will get right back to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Car is being towed to a repair shop tomorrow.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If you would like I can hold the question open just in case you have questions about what they tell you or I can opt out of the question. Please let me know how you want to proceed.