tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I had parked my Subaru days it's an outback it's a 2011 and

Customer Question

I had parked my Subaru for several days it's an outback it's a 2011 and when I got into start it it wouldn't even turn over and there were some interesting lights flashing battery is doesn't seem to be the issue
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,with the key in the on position shift the transmission into neutral to see if it will start there may be a problem with the neutral safety switch,if the battery is good the neutral switch allows voltage to flow to the starter,thanks for your time

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Transmission won't shift at all
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi,do all the lights show on the dash when you turn key to on?There is a access port to remove the vehicle from park on the shifter housing in the left upper corner,remove the cover with a small screwdriver then place that screwdriver in the hole to release the transmission from park into neutral.thanks