tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

I just bought a new 2015 Subaru Impreza. It says that it is

Customer Question

I just bought a new 2015 Subaru Impreza. It says that it is supposed to have Sirius XM but I can't find a SAT button on the radio or a way to get to the 000 to activate the radio. What am I doing wrong?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi, what type of radio is the car equipped with,thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one that comes with it standard it says subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry for all the questions but can you tell me if your standard radio is touch screen or does it have buttons, if it has buttons does it have XM button on the left side,there are many radios so please bear with me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Touchscreen no navigation
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Ok thanks,on the radio hit the home button then select audio or if your in the audio select source from the top of the screen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did and it shows no XM on it for source
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Ok give me a few minuets to investigate this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi again ,I was just viewing the owners manual in Canada the Sirius /XM icon appears so thats why your not seeing it,how about selecting source from the steering wheel or if your in FM/AM mode there is a source button along the top of the screen that will allow you to select,try this

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in the US. The sources that I get our a.m., FM, aha, pandora, disc, BT audio, USB IPod, and aux
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The radio is a CM654UL. Just found it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Hi I've been scanning the Internet and have found nothing saying your radio is not equipped,did you try selecting source from the steering wheel the the left and right buttons,try and tell me what happens

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Once you select source Imeant to scroll with the pad above it left and right,sorry

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
I was hoping I could get back to you tomorrow.While I am at work I will find a Impreza to see what I can find with the radio in front of me it will also allow me to speak with a sales person to see if this is a standard option.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. The manual with car is saying it is. Talk to you tomorrow
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.

Yes I agree,sorry I don't have a immediate answer I will get back to you tomorrow,thanks for your patience!

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I did my checking and found you radio is not equipped with satellite radio sorry,I checked a stock vehicle with the same radio number and asked 2 sales members and was told satellite radio is only avaible on the upgraded 7.1 unit,I know this may not be what you wanted to hear but this is what I came up with,thanks for your time.