Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Tech, 32 Years, Foreign.Domestic, Diagnostic Specialist
13677702

Accidentally drained transmission fluid on my 2014 subaru

Customer Question

accidentally drained transmission fluid on my 2014 subaru forester 2.0 XT how do I refill it
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I put 2 links for you to look at, can you tell me which picture is the trans pan you drained. may have to look close as both similar

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8bcf7b82-787b-49bc-9a5c-bc664162a03f_27.jpg
also what fluid does it use
Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

thanks, ***** ***** me a few min, back shortly

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

ok, I included another link, You have to remove the fill plug, like a hex head plug as shown, I honestly can not remember each and every size of the hex head, sorry, you remove that plug, then have to have a hand fluid pump with hose, Most all parts stores sell, some rent it, you pump the fluid back in following the repair instructions.You MUST use CVT fluid./It is a special fluid ONLY for the CVT trans, Most parts stores sell it, various brands, have to ask them I think? Valvoline, Kendall and Subaru direct at parts dept. Do not just put in any fluid, Have to ask for the CVT fluid, Store can help direct to that fluid

Expert:  Randall C replied 1 year ago.

glad to call, but error ocurred and you need to contact JA. I think it is***@******.***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no need to call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the sheet you sent was the other transmission mine does not look like this one
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my pan has the ribs that look like a T