Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Subaru forrester: the dashboard lights have come on 3 times

Customer Question

the dashboard lights have come on 3 times in the last 6 weeks,and then it goes away. the Cruise Control blinks, check engine and ABS system and check oil lights all come on for no reason on my 2009 subaru forrester. in the morning I'll start the car and it all disappears.
what does this mean or whats wrong, is it a circuitry , electrical issue?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm confused by your reply. what other info do you need from me?
Since the lights are going right back out, its most likely an issue at the instrument cluster. When this occurs are the gauges also effected, if so then we need to check and monitor power and ground to the cluster. If the gauges are not effected then the symptoms indicate a cluster failure. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris