FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

Subaru Outback 2.5I Basic: Tamaz, I have had my 2006 Subaru

Customer Question

Tamaz, I have had my 2006 Subaru Outback to the dealer 4 times, since April. They don't know what's causing the problem. While in drive, with foot on brake, the car is vibrating excessively. While in neutral, with foot on brake, there is no vibration. When I'm stopped at a light, or at a near stop, and accelerating around a corner, the feeling in the gas pedal vibrates so badly that it's like the driver tire wants to fall off. It's steadily gotten worse. Now, the vibrating feeling in the gas pedal occurs all the while the car is getting gas, but it gets noticeably worse when speeding up. When I let off the gas, with my foot still touching the gas pedal, the vibration feeling stops instantly. Passengers do not feel any of this, only the driver, including others I've had drive the car. Any suggestions? We are all stumped!!
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to clarify. While the car is in drive, with foot on brake, I feel the vibration in the steering wheel, on the floor of the car, in the brake, and in my driver's seat. The other part of the problem, the acceleration and extreme vibrating feeling, is ONLY felt in the gas pedal. That vibration is never felt anywhere but the gas pedal). Also, the sentence that reads "When I'm stopped at a light, or at a near stop, and accelerating around a corner, ..." should read: "When I'm stopped at a light, or at a near stop, and THEN accelerate around a corner, ..." I hope you are able to come up with a solution. I don't want another mechanic to have to "reinvent the wheel" on this problem, and I'm very concerned about driving the car this way. Thanks!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. The most common cause of this that I have seen on this vehicle is a failing throttle body. Subaru had a lot of issues with the throttle body during this time frame and this can cause anything from a vibration, to a slow throttle response to even engine stalling. The other thing that I would look at is either a worn engine mount or the crank balancer. This commonly fails and will cause this also. I hope this helps. If these have been looked at let me know and we can continue if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!!! I'm taking the car to a mechanic on Monday. I will tell him what you've written here. Can I say that I'm almost "excited" in that I might actually get this fixed??!!!!!
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hopefully they will find it with this information. If you need anything else in the future please let me know.