peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Subaru CROSSTREK: On 7-22-15 I purchased a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek

Customer Question

On 7-22-15 I purchased a 2015 Subaru Crosstrek 2.0i Premium AWD 4-Dr vehicle. The temperature gauge was reading 87 degrees one evening last week when the air outside was much cooler. Recently the Icon that is blue that looks like an antenna sticking up has popped up in the area where the Tachometer is. I reported the 1st problem to the dealership about the temperature gauge being off. The sales woman said, the gauge is not supposed to record inside air temperature; I know these sales personnel have quick answers to problems they don't want to deal with and try to make the customer feel stupid. I knew what I was talking about when I reported the temp. gauge not working properly as I had the same problem with my '04 Forester last year and had the temp gauge replaced. When the blue icon came on and I looked it up in my Owner's Manual, it all made sense. What is it that is malfunctioning? is it that there is insufficient coolant in the radiator?
Also, do you know if there are different types of Models of the Subaru Crosstrek's? I had to buy a new vehicle in a crunch for time after my '04 Subaru Forester was deemed totaled after an auto accident in June. I had been to 3 dealerships looking for the 2015 Crosstrek Premium 2.0i model. I know I was told that the Crosstrek came with map lights that go off automatically after the engine is shut off. Do you know what Model vehicle of the Crosstrek that has the automatic shut-off map lights?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
This may be an issue with the ambient/outside temp sensor itself if this is the outside temp that was reading this high.I have seen this sensor fail before or in some cases fall out of place and sit next to a warm radiator and cause this issue.If this has not been checked this should be done to see if this is the cause.If this is not the temp you are speaking of here let me know.
The map light may be a programming feature that a dealer can program.In some cases the sales people don't know all of the features of the models or what can be done to change the features.I would speak with the service center to see if this feature can be changed or adjusted.
Thanks Pete