Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

My 2005 Outback needs a new motor because I think the dealer

Customer Question

My 2005 Outback needs a new motor because I think the dealer did not top off oil after multi point inspection or it was burning fuel and I was unaware. Perhaps head gasket leak that they fixed two years ago was not fixed. I love the car but am discouraged with the dealership. Is it worth it to have an independent mechanic fix it? 112,000 k and all services done at Subaru. Subaru tried to convince me to go with a new car.
Submitted: 1 year ago via TrueDelta.com.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,why is it that you think a new engine is needed is it knocking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It broke down on highway. Couldn't accelerate past 40 mph. Mechanic at Subaru first said only 1/2 ma of oil ; then said it was a mechanical failure in engine.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Ok,thanks ,how is the rest of the car,is the body in good shape will it need anything like brakes ,tires etc.. in the near future?I'm just trying to gauge what the condition of the car is to help you make the best decision,thanks
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still there?