tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Impreza: I have a 2014 Subaru Impreza sport I have

Customer Question

HI I have a 2014 Subaru Impreza sport I have a whistling noise that drives me crazy when I'm driving down the highway. It seems to come from the front of the car near the moon roof. I'm told that it might be air being forced through the luggage rack, but then our Outback has a luggage rack and no noise. Do you have any suggestions? I want to take it in but the service guys want to dismiss me. I car pool, and have two other people who hear it. Just wondering if any one else out there has had a problem
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi what type of roof rack does it have ?Is it factory,?have the cross bars been moved if its the fixed type meaning the rails that run the length of the car are a permanent fixture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Factory set up.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,If you are getting excessive noise and the belief is that is coming from the roof bars the first step is removing them to see if a difference is made,if so the problem could be the rail position or the rail itself.I assume the vehicle is still under warranty this would be the first step after the noise is verified.