Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback. I just installed this

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Subaru Legacy Outback. I just installed this engine in my car. It hasn't run for 7+ months and I am getting a couple engine codes. P0325, Knock Sensor 1 Circuit (Bank 1), What would cause this? P0135, 02 Heater Circuit (Bank 1, Sensor 1),
Would this be upstream from the CAT?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,a faulty knock sensor would cause this code,it would also set if the sensor is loose or the backside has a lot of corrosion,I would first remove it,clean and torque it down to 19 ft lbs clear the code to see if it returns.The P0135 code is for the upstream 02 sensor,test the heater element in the sensor by disconnecting connector (it's triangular)with the lock facing up ohm the top wires in this connector the wire colors should be the same but the colors differ usually black but sometimes white,Ohm these wires if you have any thing more than 30ohms the sensor is the fault.Thanks for your time.