tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Outback 2.5I: Power windows on my 2011 premium outback

Customer Question

Power windows on my 2011 premium outback unresponsive this morning. They worked last night about six hours ago. Engine fuse box inspected and sbf 2,3,4,12,13 and a/c relay all missing. I spilled some juice on the front left side passenger seat. One article suggested that area has related components?!?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,did you inspect any of the fuses in the passenger compartment,I do not believe the spilled juice has anything to do with the problem,I suggest inspecting all the fuses first before proceeding.Does the vehicle have a aftermarket remote starter,factory remote starter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Checked All cabin fuses ok
#15 was missing 20a p/w r.rh (I replaced it with spare)
The Only other missing fuses are 14,16,23,28,30,32.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No remote starter
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, those fuses that are missing should be,the fuse boxes are very generic for all models in U.S,Europe and Japan.The box covers can be confusing I know.I probably should have asked but is every window not operating?Does the master switch illuminate when headlights are on,is there anything else electrical that you have noticed that isn't operating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, every window nonop
No, the master switch does not illuminate
Haven't noticed anything else yet
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
I guess the next thing to check is the master switch,you need to remove the door panel to check it,you first need to remove the triangle piece in the upper corner of window then behind the small cover at the assist grip there is a screw and at the inside release there is another cover with a screw behind it,with these removed carefully release the 10 clips holding the panel on by pulling towards you once removed you'll see the electrical connectors at the switch maybe you'll find them removed.thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No such luck. It was the first time I removed a panel without breaking it.
What's next?
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry I've been gone for the better part of the day ,if you still have the panel off we need to inspect if we are getting voltage on the green/black wire with key on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tamaz,
Somehow I over looked the 30amp sbf. Engine compartment. Problem solved.
Thanks for going over it with me. 😜
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
No problem glad you found it!We would have gotten it eventually.