JFN1
JFN1,
25345654

My car ac works minutes then the cold air stops

Customer Question

My car ac works for 10 minutes then the cold air stops
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
what year and make and model and engine size GM is this ?when the AC stops with the engine running and the AC set to on still is the AC compressor engaged ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its actually a Subaru Outback V6 engine.I don't know if compressor is still engaged or not. Perhaps the sensor / thermostat shuts off the cooling... I dont know.. but the cold air stops and won't come back on. I stop the car. Then restart 1/2 hours to days later and the AC works fine... for 10 minutes
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
i need to get you over to the Subaru expertshang on
Expert:  JFN1 replied 1 year ago.
Subaru has a bulletin that addresses this issue, relative to the compressor revolution sensor. There is an updated part to replace this sensor. Aside from that, AC compressor clutch relay failure is common. I suspect that you'll find your fix between one of these two items.