Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

So, if the problem isn't electrical, do I start pulling

Customer Question

So, if the problem isn't electrical, do I start pulling injectors?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I would not, I would probably replace the front O2 sensor if there has been a code for it for 6 yrs. These can fail and will cause rough idle, low power or hesitation on take off from a light. I would not do anything with the injectors unless one of the codes is for a specific cylinder misfire. The computer can store several codes and the parts store will read them for free. If you find you have a specific cylinder misfire, for example, P0301, then you might want to swap the injector around.Sometimes the valve covers leak and you will get oil into the spark plug wire boot. This softens it and the spark will arc to the cylinder head. You won't be able to see this without pulling the plug wires and looking.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Mike. I might be back in touch.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
I should be here for a couple more hours, then later this afternoon, have to take my son car shopping