Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Why does my 2014 forester battery die when I dont drive it

Customer Question

why does my 2014 forester battery die when I dont drive it for a few days
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This could be a sign of a weak battery. Even though it's not that old it is possible there is an issue with the battery. It should be able to go a couple of weeks without running the car, so I would start by having the battery tested. You can have this done at most parts store, and I believe the battery would be covered under warranty if it's needed.If that isn't the problem then the car has a parasitic drain. This means one of the modules may not be turning off or there may be a short in the system someplace.This would certainly be covered under your warranty so if it's the problem I would have the dealer locate the problem and repair it.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you with this.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant rate until I check to see if the problem is as he describes.
Thanks
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Please let me know if there is more I can do to assist