Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Outback: I have a 2002 Subaru Qutback and all of the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Subaru Qutback and all of the Sudden multiple systems seem to having problems . I FIRST NOTICED THE POWER STEERING BEING DIFFICULT , THEN THE PARKING BRAKE LIGHT CAME ON AND THEN THE abs light . are they related and what could the cause be ?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now the car will not start , could it be the alternator ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,it could be the alternator belt,can you raise the hood to see if its still there'the power steering is also driven by this belt if its extremely worn or has broken off you'll have no power steering the battery will not be charged also because alternator is not turning,the ABS light is most likely on due to low voltage,thanks for your time