Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Crosstrek: My 2014 Crosstrek hatchback makes a creaking

Customer Question

My 2014 Crosstrek hatchback makes a creaking noise. The dealership service said that dust from our dirt road is getting in to the rubber seal and that's why it creaks. Their solution . . . keep cleaning the rubber seal. My own maintenance guy looked at it and tightened the latch as far as it could go. It fixed it 80% - 90% of the time, but it still does it, even though the dirt road isn't dusty anymore. What do you think the issue is? The hatchback needs to be replaced?? The seals??
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please tale a look at the gate,on each side ther is a molded piece of rubber that allows the gate to sto.p against the body,if the latch and striker being adjusted took care of 80-90% of the creak try placing a gel lubricant on these stops>I've had great success with taking care of noises after adjusting the latch and striker,thanks for your time.