Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Subaru legacy: I have a 2004 legacy, which I love, but the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 legacy, which I love, but the cruise control has stopped working, which I don't love. Sometimes it will go for a while, the first time i set it, but the it cuts out a couple of seconds after setting.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Any horn or air bag light issues?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing.
Below is the wire diagram link I will be using.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/04legacycruisewire.pdfDo you happen to know which codes are stored?When it fails but you try it anyways, does the light illuminate like it has set? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't help much on codes and wiring, but no when I set the cc it will shelly stay on for a while (ten minutes or so) the first time I set it, then it will cut out, and the 'set' light goes out. After that it cuts out immediately when i try to set it, and the 'set' light goes out.
Being that diag will not be able to be performed. I can not confirm my answer is going to be as accurate as I prefer. I can only offer what I feel is the most likely cause. In this case I believe that to be the ECM.
.