Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Tribeca: Matt I'm Maria . I have a 2006 tribeca I

Customer Question

Hi Matt I'm Maria . I have a 2006 tribeca I just left the house and it shut off and all the dash lights came on. After several tries it cranked and I made it back to the house. I tried to crank it and it will not turn. It makes a weak drag sound when you try. I recently had a battery, pulley and tensioner replaced, and an ac relay replaced. Any ideas?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi Maria,because you just had the battery replaced the easiest thing to check is if possibly one of the cables is loose,if everything is good and tight I would suspect a faulty alternator,the alternator if bad will not charge the battery plus its the heart of the electrical system with no alternator output you would have problems like your describing,thanks for your time