Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Outback 2.5I Basic: I need to unlock my husband's 2011

Customer Question

I need to unlock my husband's 2011 Outback. I have two valet keys - one from our previous Outback and one from current Outback - and I don't know which is which. I don't want to set off an alarm that I can't turn off!
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a way to tell which key goes to the 2011? They both have number tags with them.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi what is the shape of the valet keys? If you do decide to open the car as soon as the door is open the horn will begin to beep but you can stop it by just installing the key in the ignition and switching the ignition on and off 3 times,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a picture of the two keys I have. If I use the wrong key to try to unlock the door, will it set off the alarm? And, if it does, how would I turn the alarm off?
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Identical,so you will need to see which one will turn in the lock cylinder now ,the only way around the horn going off is what i said in my previous post.It will only be annoying for a second
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I guess if the one doesn't work, I'll know it's other and I'll just deal with the embarrassment! Thank you!
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome!