Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Forester X: a 2010 Subaru Forester AWD X that has dealer

Customer Question

a 2010 Subaru Forester AWD X that has dealer installed rear parking sensors. The rear bumper was replaced and the sensors had to be transferred from one cover to the other. Now, when you put the car into reverse, the sensors go off irratically. Mutilple beeps in no certain order. However, when you get within a couple of feet of another vehicle, it does sound off a steady beep. Is there a way to reset the system so it simply starts beeping a normal rate when starting to approach an obstacle and then steady when you're within 24-48" or so? The irratic beeping drives you crazy. We even replaced the module (from Subaru) but, that did not correct the problem.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi there is no reset procedure,the problem could be int he positioning of the sensors they are marked for proper position left right and center which I'm sure your aware,they must also be correctly installed vertically,was the rear bumper damaged badly? I will try to dig up the trouble shooting procedure for this system,thanks for your time.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
I've found the procedure it can be found on the Subaru website,its a free document but you must look at the 2009 accessories for the Forester
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly which website are you referring to and what category are you inputting? Is it something you can cut & Paste into an e-mail to me? Thanks a lot.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry,busy at work,the website is www.techinfo.subaru.com just go to accessory install guide and use a 2009 Forester to search,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am going to go to that site and look for the procedure. I hope it helps us correct the problem. Thank you for your help.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
No problem.