Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Impreza WRX STi: hows it going?have a 2006 impreza

Customer Question

hows it going?
have a 2006 impreza sti, abs code 56 popped up.
any ideas of what can possibly cause this light to turn on?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
This code is for the lateral G sensor,it's located below the center console,it's purpose is to deliver a signal to the ABS control module in the event the vehicle is the vehicle is in a position where the ABS needs to help correct to steer . Thanks for your time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand that, now the lateral g sensor sends signals from the car's acceleration and braking force in a straight line to the abs module; which in turn will send signals to every individual wheel so that they may brake harder or softer depending on driver input on the brakes. Now if the abs is malfunctioning because of this sensor, what are the likely causes for the sensor to malfunction?
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Its more likely a G sensor fault than a ABS module,the sensor because of its location gets sometimes soaked in beverages I have found,I have also seen misadjusted brake switches,and once it was mounted incorrectly.thanks