tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

2006 Subaru Impreza/ faint clicking sound in left rear engine

Customer Question

2006 Subaru Impreza/ faint clicking sound in left rear engine compartment (facing engine). Went to MT. last week with no problems. This morning the sound became loud tapping and is quite worrisom. Had head gasket and timing belt done 2,000 miles ago.
What UP?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY the sound is in the RIGHT rear part of engine compartment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sound is near the firewall fairly low in the engine. Sound became pronounced this morning and quite suddenly. Otherwise auto is in sound condition.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,if I may ask a few questions,does the noise increase with engine speed,is it affecting the way it runs,does the car need to be moving to hear,thanks for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It can be heard clearly while idoling and increasers with RPMs. As of this morning we are afraid to even run it as it has increased significantly overnight. The impact on the way it runs is possibly due to not wanting to jeprodize it further.Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not knowing when you will respond causes me to take on other tasks. If I know you will respond soon I weill keep an eye out.for you. I need to leave for my grandaughters ball game in 45 minuters.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
I'm back,thanks for your reply,I have one more question when idling is the engine running smoothly?Noises are tough over the internet just gathering as much info as possible,thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Tamaz, I am still persuing the 2006 Subaru with the loud ticking sound in the "right rear" part of the engine. Sounds like it is in the engine, valvue or lifter, I don't know but we are afraid to drive it `anymore since it increased so much yesterday morning.The way we left it was you were to call and you have removed $24.00 from my account so I expect to hear from you as soon as possible.(###) ###-#### ***** you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting at this number...***-***-****. We never heard from you yesterday however I'm not sure of the time zone implications. We are Pacific Daylight Time and it is 10:33AM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any chance we can get some feedback. If you are buried we will arrange to have someone here until 7:00pm pdt.PLEASE CALL SOON
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I am being harshly judged by my sons for getting hustled for $24.00. A website that charges and all of a sudden falls silent.I asured them you guys were the real deal and we would hear back. We are gone after 4:30 pm. Please call ASAP or I will never hear the end of it..
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,any results yet?
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,you never returned my call?How is the car running.