Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Outback legacy: P0026 solenoid intake valve code keeps

Customer Question

P0026 solenoid intake valve code keeps coming on.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,first make sure oil level is correct and clean,then replace the intake valve solenoid control switch,the switch is what signals the solenoid to operate.There are 2 switches bank 1 (your code) is the passenger side the switch is located in the rear of the head,bank 2 P0028 is driver side the switch is located in the front of the head.I would replace both of the switches they are about $20 each.These switches look just like a oil sender switch ,they are screwed into the head and have a white single pin connector attached,to remove you will need a 24mm deep socket,thanks for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a part number or can you specifically tell me what should I ask the parts people for?

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi part # *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Changed both sensors and the vehicle keeps throwing the same codes. Seems like when I accelerate and try to ask for more power, the check engine light comes back with the same codes. What do I do now? Could it be the timing? I'm so frustrated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Read more: http://www.justanswer.com/subaru/96ftl-subaru-outback-legacy-p0026-solenoid-intake-valve-code-keeps.html#ixzz3gTXa97SG

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi again same code P0026 is there more codes? Before you were just getting the P0026 correct?