Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru B9 Tribeca Limited: I have a 2008 subaru tribeca with

Customer Question

I have a 2008 subaru tribeca with 180,000 miles on it. It was recently in for a service/state inspection at the same Subaru dealer where I have been taking it since I purchased it in 2008.
The report said it is due for a spark plug replacement (rated yellow) soon and a diagnostic oil leak clean and dye. I just replaced the oil filter housing gasket and have not noticed any oil drips under the car.
I drove 400 miles yesterday and all appeared to be fine. Today it started lurching between 5-35 mph when I started driving. I went a total of 6 miles round trip and parked it. Is this lurching due to the need for new spark plugs and or spark plug coils? If not what is likely the problem and estimated cost to diagnose/fix? Can any mechanic replace the spark plugs or does it need to be a Subaru dealer?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Is the check engine light on or flashing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, and the "lurch" starts at about 15 mph

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has had the following service recently:

--multi point check

--Rear corner lamp

unit replaced (it had standing water in it for several months)

--State inspection

--Tire rotatation and balance

--AC recharge and dye added (it was blowing hot air at 50F before evac. Recovered 1.375 lbs, added dye and charged 1.98 pounds. Ac blowing at 42F.

--AC fuse replaced (the ac had stopped blowing cold air attain after recharge, replacing the fuse appears to have solved the problem)

--Lube oil and filter

--coolant flush

--oil filter housing gasket replaced

--new battery

--new air cleaner

--new air filter

--power steering fluid check

What does this mean?

“No Multi Point ….Tech close line!!!”

I/O information only

1701 CPS 0.00

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Since you just had it in for service I think you should look at the air filter box and make sure it's nice and secure with no air leaks. This can cause this type of issue without storing a code.“No Multi Point ….Tech close line!!!”I/O information only1701 CPS 0.00That last bit I haven't a clue what they are trying to say there to be completely honest.The car does use a mass air flow sensor which is bolted to the air filter box which is why we need to check there for any type of issue.Oddly, I am only showing that the car should hold just about 1 lb of freon, not almost 2 like it looks like they put in it. I wonder if you could test drive it with the a/c off and see if the problem goes away and let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok I will drive it with the a/c off and see if it still lurches.

Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** take a peek at that air filter box, if it's loose it will cause issues