Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Impreza: i live in Barbados and I have had to change

Customer Question

i live in Barbados and I have had to change rear wheel bearing twice in last 12 months, what could be the problem? The car is Subaru impreza./
Category: Subaru
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, there has been complaints about the rear wheel bearings .these are pressed on and if not done properly will wear out quicker .also, the torque on the rear bearing nut is important as well. 140 ft lbsdid you do these yourself or have a shop do them ?and was it the same shop that did these twice ?if an impact gun is being used they may be getting over torqued
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were done by a trained mechanic at his shop
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
yes, I would think so .
but bearings that are pressed in are still tricky to do ,and the torque specs are precise for these cars for the wheel bearing .
maybe you could ask him what he torqued them at .
please ..
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.
hi, I am just checking back to see if I helped you or if you need assistance still .
If I helped you please let me know so I can send you a post to rate me on with a positive smiley face thank you ..jazzmaster ..