Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

Subaru Outback: I'm buying a Subaru outback and it's overheating

Customer Question

I'm buying a Subaru outback and it's overheating was wondering how to make sure it's not the heads. Antifreeze isn't circulating and it's cold. The oil is ok and nothing is coming out of exhaust. Also it blows cold air
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question,
If the anti freeze is not circulating and its cold then the first thing you should do is have them replace the Thermostat. Blown head gaskets will not cause this type of flow concern. In most cases if you have a blown head gasket it will push compression into the cooling system and cause it to blow coolant out of the recovery bottle . I would replace the thermostat first and then recheck it. If its bad it should resolve this problem.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Please consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 5AM eastern time and work all day . A rating is required. Your rating me , and what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor do I have control over the fees or the time it takes to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all ,you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short
Thank you, Ron
WJA