peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Auto repair Technician with 17 years experience.Past ASE and other certifications.
14928985

Subaru outback 3.0 VDC: 04 outback sedan 3.0 auto climate control.

Customer Question

04 outback sedan 3.0 auto climate control. Fan just quit. Tested blower fan and resistor. Works fine when working and no power when it quits working. Power cuts out and in at resistor harness.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
From what you have described here if this is the signal cutting in and out at the resistor this is usually caused by an internal electrical fault in the heater/ac control on the dash itself needing replaced.
If this is not the signal cutting in and out let me know.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's not it. I changed out the ac control unit and still have no fan at all. I'm thinking relay or bad wire.
Can you tell me where you tested power at that is cutting in and out when its working and not working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any time frame your available to call? I'm leaving to head back home today.*****in 80 degree heat is not for me. Thanks.
Unfortunately I don't have the option myself right now for a call.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do or we can continue here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please open the question but thanks for your help.
No problem.
I will have to open this question up for others here to see if they can assist further on this as someone else here may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.
Thanks Pete