Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

Subaru sti: jan I have a question regarding my 2005 sti.

Customer Question

Hi jan I have a question regarding my 2005 sti. I was driving to school one day and car started hard bogging/back firing and then shut off. three code p0345 for the cam position sensor bank 2. got it towed home and swapped out the sensor and still throwing same code. checked all spark plugs and car is getting fuel. not sure where to look from here on out. my only assumption would be a short in the harness.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
I would start with removing the spark plugs and checking the engine compression, if the timing belt has jumped or broken it could cause this code to set. If that is the cases then you will likely find low compression. Check this an post back and we can work from there.