Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Forester: I have a 2013 Subaru Forester. 48,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Subaru Forester. 48,000 miles. Brought it in for 45,000 maintence check in May of this year. Within the last few weeks when I start it in the morning I get a chirping like sound which sounds like it comes from under the hood. It doesn't happen ever
morning and sometimes it is gone by the time I pull out of driveway. Noise doesn't last long at all and again sometimes in morning it doesn't make sound at all.
My car sits 8-9 hours at work. When I start it after work I never hear the sound.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  I. Silva replied 1 year ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using Justanswer.As the first step I would check for loose/worn out serpentine belt , when you first start the engine the alternator works a bit harder to compensate possible drop on the battery voltage during the night at lower temperatures ,this will make your belt squeal/chirping for a few seconds . Good luck.Let me know.Thank you.