Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

Subaru Forester: 98 forester Clockspring was bad (airbag

Customer Question

98 forester
Clockspring was bad
(airbag light on steady, no horn or cruise)
Replaced it, horn works, but airbag light is flashing 12 (one long, two short)
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Ronnie replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
Before you do anything else try to reset and clear the code, to do this ground the Blue wire in pin 1 of the 6 cavity diagnostic connector, and while the air bag light is flashing the code 12, ground the White wire in pin 2 of the 6 cavity diagnostic connector for at least 3 seconds. After the code clears, the air bag light should start flashing every 0.6 seconds indicating no malfunction detected. If the code resets then there is still a problem.