Ronnie
Ronnie, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as an ASE tech
7276279

Subaru Outback 2.5I Basic: the "at oil temp" light flashes

Customer Question

the "at oil temp" light flashes constantly. It cam on after I had all the oil leaks plugged at a shop. They say they did not do anything to the transmission, except replace the CV axel. It was not on before they got it. I had the trans flush + new filter, It still flashes.Is the problem in the computer?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ronnie replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The AT temp light flashing usually means either the PCM (computer ) or the TCM (transmission control module) are not seeing the correct signal from the sensor. When this light come on the computer will set and store a fault code. In order to determine what is failing you are going to need to start with having the computer system scanned and the fault code retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the fault code, I can direct you in the needed repair.