Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Forester: thank you. Imy problem while is

Customer Question

Hi thank you. Imy problem for a while is , that whn my headlights ae turned on the dashboard lights go out. they were never very bright in the first place and some were burned out. I am replacing the lights, but the dashboard lights, the radio lights and the indicators ofn the AC/heat go out when I turn the headlights on. any suggestions?
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the clock lights go out. The card does not have a dashboard light dimmer. I ma thinking this is a power problem. Probably not a fuse. Maybe a relay or a capacitor. How common is this problem? Is the car just not provided with enough power, I think not, so bad switch, relay, or so on. could it be a grounding problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are also no lights on the automatic shift handle panel where it says R,N,D,D1,D2. I suspect this starts with a burned out light, but could be tied into the power problem.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Do you have a test light or volt meter so we can do some testing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll look for one and get back
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, but I would like to start by telling you there there is a dimmer switch to check. It is on the end of the headlight/turn signal switch. Since you don't know it's there, make sure it's turned on all the way.Please look at the diagram I am sending and let me know.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.