tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Forester: My gage doesnt work on my dash the gage is

Customer Question

My gage doesnt work on my dash the gage is new the coolant temp sensor is new and i can read temperature with my scan tool
Category: Subaru
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Installed new gauge in cluster and new temperature sensor it has a 3 pin connector the computer reads temperature but nothing to the cluster car runs great no engine codes checked all wireing and grounds no problems if there was a problem in wireing wouldnt the computer see that and not read engine temperature
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,thanks for your question.The manual gives resistance values of the gage if those readings are good the next step is the replacement of the printed circuit on the back of the dash,since you replaced the gage and sensor already we would assume both components are good so the printed circuit would need to be changed out.Because you can read the temperature the wiring must be good from the sensor through the engine harness,thanks for your time.