George H.
George H., Subaru Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15 + Years
13574682

Subaru Forester: , my wife has a 2014 Subaru Forester and

Customer Question

Hi, my wife has a 2014 Subaru Forester and loves it! She and I are taking a trip and will be gone for 6 weeks starting tomorrow, June 13. We are leaving the Forester in the garage the whole time. Would you please advise us if there is/are items to do for the Forest before we leave? For example, should we add anything to the gasoline tank so the gas doesn't turn gummy?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,
Nothing is needed except a battery maintainer to keep the charge in the battery topped off.
Six weeks is not long enough to need any measures beyond that.
Once you come back check for any evidence of rodent activity under the hood then start it up. Check the tire pressure and drive it at least 10 miles to get the fluids circulated and the tires to get round again.
Park it with a mostly full tank
Cars sit on the dealer's lot for longer that 6 weeks and no extra measures are needed there. If it was six months you might consider a fuel additive but for 6 weeks it is not needed
Please let me know how I can help you with your question,
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
George,
That's great! Good to learn these things now. We'll top off the gas tank. Thank you!
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Good, please let me know if you have further questions. It does not need to be full full just in the upper 1/4 of the range.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh, okay
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Glad you got it, please let me know if you have further questions
Thank you