Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Subaru Forester: I have a 2007 Forester and it seems that when

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Forester and it seems that when I get up to 65 MPH or better, a squealing sound comes from around the dash area. It goes away and comes back off and on. Any ideas what this is?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hi I need you to get the vehicle on a rack or stands run it in gear and verify the car must be moving to duplicate this. This concern is not related to engine or transmission speed with this test. If it must be driven, see if moving around, and in behind a semi has any effect, if so then we need to find a wind noise type leak. You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris