Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Legacy: , My brake light and cruise lights are flashing,

Customer Question

Hi, My brake light and cruise lights are flashing, and the engine and stability control lights are on. I got a code P2096 from Autozone saying fuel trim system is too lean. I got gas the day before this happened? So is it a real problem or just got air in my tank. Should I take it in.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This particular code means there is something happening to allow to much air into the fuel mixture. This is not caused by air in the gas tank or a loose gas cap, but usually by a bad O2 sensor or mass air flow sensor. My advice is to take it in.It is ok to continue to drive it, the cruise and trac control are disabled when the check engine light comes on. This is why the cruise light is flashing and the trac light is on. The car is not unsafe, but the situation does need attention.Please let me know what more I can do to help you out.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?