Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru B9 Tribeca: Mike, I have a 2007 Subaru Tribeca with

Customer Question

Mike, I have a 2007 Subaru Tribeca with 74k on it. I just replaced the front wheel bearings and when i started out to test drive, I was in a parking lot and did a slow U-turn both ways - when I turned to the right, I heard a rattling sound and the check engine light and error 55 code came on. Now there is a scraping that sounds like a rough rotor or something. I've double checked the rotors and dust guards and cannot find what is scraping. I also get some feedback in the steering wheel, a slight tremor when turning. It is not affected braking. Any help would be great!
Joshua
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. If I am not online when you return please give me some time to get back to you. Did you replace the bearings with factory replacements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, bearings were aftermarket. Initially there was no scraping on the test drive, it started after I made a U-turn
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have one other question. Was this an entire bolt in assembly or did you just replace the bearing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was the entire wheel hub I replaced