tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Forester: Mike! My 1999 Forester is trying to start

Customer Question

Hi Mike! My 1999 Forester is trying to start itself - it cranks but doesn't actually turn over. It used to have a non-factory remote starter but that died and I had just the remote lock/unlock put in several years ago. Just want to stop it from cranking until I can take it in. Thought removing fuse 11 - engine ignition system - would stop it but hasn't.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,thanks for your question.Something seems to be up with the ignition switch or the wiring going to it,please inspect the wiring at the ignition switch ,pay close attention to where the old remote starter was removed it was once attached to the the ignition switch wiring so I'm guessing this may have something to do with it,there is also a good possibility there is a internal short of the ignition witch itself.Thanks for your time.