tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru Forester: I have a 02 forester that won't kick on the

Customer Question

I have a 02 forester that won't kick on the ac when the button is pressed. The a/c button light does not even come on.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,thanks for your question.The bulb for the lamp on the a/c switch may just be burned out,are you certain the a/c system has a full charge?The system being low on freon could also cause the compressor to become inoperative,thanks for your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just put my ac check gauges on the high and low side of the system. Both read 0 and the compressor won't kick on. I'm pretty sure that's my problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With 0 pressure I think the Pressure Switch will disallow the compressor from turning on therefor shutting down the whole system. I'll need to take it to get it checked for leaks and charged.
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's correct ,if you have a good charge and no operation let me know and we can continue ,thanks.