Mike V.
Mike V., Subaru Technician
Experience:  Certified Subaru Technician, factory trained by Subaru.
2921078

Subaru Forester Sports 2.5 X: Having problems with locking

Customer Question

Having problems with locking of front right brakes have replaced hoses pads and caliper . Thinking the proportion valve any other suggestions
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I have had this issue with a couple of these and the actual problem was the brake master cylinder. Before replacing it however, make sure the brake light switch is not over adjusted. If it is, it will cause the brakes to drag and eventually the heat will make the fluid expand which will then make the brakes apply. Make sure your master cylinder is not over full because you can have the same result.If the brakes are locked on, unbolt the master and see if that frees them up, it should and if it does, then replace the master cylinder. Make sure you bleed the master before installation.Please let me know if there is any more I can do to help.What happens next:Just Answer will now charge you for the full amount of your question.My goal is to provide you with 5-star service. If you cannot rate me at least 3-5 stars, we will keep working on this.Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and effort; you do with a 3-5 star rating.Follow up questions are included in your question price even after rating.