FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2010 subaru outback. i just replaced front brake pads

Customer Question

2010 subaru outback. i just replaced front brake pads (original) its been a few days now and they are still noisy. what should i do?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. What brand of pads did you use? Did you replace the rotors? What kind of noises is it making?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced them with original pads which i got from a dealer in america. no i did not replace the rotors since i did not let the old pads reach the metal. an annoying squeaking noise but only from the left front wheel
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. First make sure that the brake pad springs are not hitting the rotor. If not then the problem is in the fact that you did not replace the rotors. At the very least they should be machined. The new pads need an unglazed surface to break into otherwise they make noise. You can take some heavy sandpaper and try and scuff the rotor surface to seen if it will help. If not then the best thing to do is replace the rotors or have them machined. Let me know if you need more help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my anti lock brakes stay on, how should i approach this issue? where would be the most reputable but affordable place i can order parts for this car? i have an address in San francisco
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.
Make sure that the brake fluid level is fine. If it is low then this light can come on. If that is not it then it may be caused by a number of different sensors. Did it start coming on after you did the brakes or before?