tamaz
tamaz, Subaru master technician
Experience:  Subaru certified,ASE Master technician,25 years experience
70031029

Subaru B9 Tribeca: My 2006 tribeca is making a squicking sound

Customer Question

My 2006 tribeca is making a squicking sound when i hit even small bumps or accelerate..started after a very slight accident where i bumped into car ahead of me
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
Hi,thanks for your question.The things to check first are the engine and transmission mounting,there was a service bulletin that informs of a spot weld break where the top engine mount to the firewall meets.Also please check transmission mount in rear in many collisions this mount bends and creates all types of noises check it out and let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If it is that weld area what is an average cost to repair? The straps did break and they did fix those...
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
It's hard for me to say because all the repairs I was involved with we're under warranty and performed by our body shop.I would guess if it's evident that weld is broken the cost should be in the $150-200 range,if it's a repeat repair it should be free,thanks for your time