sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Subaru Legacy GT Limited: I have a 2005 subaru legacy gt, i

Customer Question

I have a 2005 subaru legacy gt, i spun out and hit a center divider and tweaked the passenger rail, it was pushed in in the middle of the air box moving the rear bolt hole for the air box about 1.5-2 inches. Actually heres a link to the picture of the kink and damage. https://plus.google.com/u/0/118118776279670286081/posts He said he would get new fenders, bumper, radiator support, bumper, headlights, and whatever else to put the front end back together with no paint except radiator support. Oem radiator support and brackets, and the rest aftermarket. I was quoted $3200 is that low, average or high based on the damage from the pictures. They are really high def pics so hopefully you can let me know if i'm going the right direction. They also said they would need the panels to line everything up which I didn't understand, why would you need the fenders to straighten frame? Unless there is something I'm overlooking the the area where the front strut top hats go, i guess the engine bay.

Category: Subaru
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Based on what I can see in the pictures the price you were given does sound average. Over half of that will be labor by the time everything is disassembled, frame rack time, reassembly and adjustments.

They do need all components installed for final adjustments and frame pulling. They'll most likely pull what they can before disassembling anything and they'll be able to get it close but obviously with bent components it won't be perfect. If anything is seen once the fenders and bumper cover are off then they may pull again. Once the fenders, hood and bumper cover are on then they can do any final pulling to align everything correctly.