Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Subaru Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Subaru impreza sport: I have a 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport.

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Subaru Impreza Sport. It used to be a fun car to drive. It handled well and cornered very flat.
In December 2014 I got a puncture in the sidewall of one tire. The tire was not repairable and because of the wear I had to replace all 4 tires. The new tires I bought are exactly the same as the original equipment tires. At that time I also had all 4 wheels aligned. Because of the snow and ice on the roads, I drove the car cautiously until spring.
Now that spring is here, I tried driving for fun again. The car is not handling well. Going quickly around turns and bends in the road it leans a lot. When turning left, the car leans to the right and the right front corner drops low. Right turns are the same, but not as bad.
I took it to my Subaru dealer. They said they can see the problem but could not find the cause. They checked the suspension and tires.
What could cause this problem? If the wheel alignment was not done correctly, could that cause it? How are struts checked for problems? When I bring it back to the dealer, what should I say?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Normally a sway issue is a result of the sway bar damaged, or the end links faulty. Struts the spring and shock portion are tested based on ride height specs, bounce and rebound done by hand, and ride height based on the equal amount of load on both sides. The sway bar is what I would check first.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris