Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years experience
2947720

Subaru Outback: 2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 hesitates than stalls

Customer Question

2012 Subaru Outback 2.5 hesitates than stalls when coming to a stop at random times.
Category: Subaru
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.
.
That could be an idle air control problem or just dirt in the air passages in the throttle body.
……..
However,

You will want to do a throttle body cleaning on it to make sure that all of the idle air passages are clear of any carbon build up.
.
You can pick up a can of “throttle body cleaner” just about anywhere auto parts are sold.
.
You can normally follow the directions on the can but I always spray some in the intake while the throttle plate is closed to be sure that it gets into all of the passages. You don’t want to use carb cleaner though, as it’s not safe for the 02 sensors.
..

Also, you want to be sure that there are no vacuum leaks and that the intake air hose is on good and free of any cracks.
Please don’t forget to rate the answer, **** THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** if you need any more on it, I will be here.
.
.