Kevin C.
Kevin C., Subaru Master Tech.
Experience:  34 years of Subaru service experience, ASE Master Technician.
49406277

Subaru Legacy GT: we have a 2005 subaru legacy gt and we

Customer Question

Hi we have a 2005 subaru legacy gt and we had the turbo replaced. the car started making a funny noise like their was something wrong with the turbo, a plastic T shaped piece was cracked and broke. I have no idea how to explain this to the mechanic and I don't even know what the piece is called. any ideas? the plastic T was connected to a hose and we believe that the turbo might not have been getting oil? any ideas?
Category: Subaru
Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
This plastic T supplies vaccum to the wastegate valve, the noise you may be hearing is the turbo overboosting,does it sound like a huge rush of air?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it does.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where can I get that plastic T? Is this something that can be easily replaced? I can't find the part in my google search.

Expert:  tamaz replied 1 year ago.
You can get this at any auto parts store,just take the broken one tomatch for size